What data do we collect?
We may obtain contact details, names, email addresses, location information and other identifiers about activists, members of the public and the police present at actions.
How do we collect your data?
The personal data involved may be provided by the individual or provided by legal observers or others present at a protest from their personal observation, or it may be from other publicly accessible resources (like social and other media).
We also process personal data in the form of:
Names, phone numbers, and email addresses and any other personal information provided by people contacting us by email, over the phone, at a face-to-face meeting, through Zoom, Eventbrite registration or sign ups from social media.
This processing is on the basis of our legitimate interests as an organisation in supporting individual activists and keeping activists up to date.
How will we use your data?
We’ll email activists who have subscribed to our mailing list, and occasionally send texts to subscribers about
campaigns, events, opportunities to get involved and support systems.
How do we store your data?
We ensure that all personal data is subject to access controls, and is stored on secure, encrypted servers. We will only process personal data outside of the EU where we are sure there is an adequate level of protection or there are appropriate safeguards in place. We use pseudonymisation when sharing personal data, where appropriate.
Who we might share your personal data with?
Where appropriate, we may share personal data in the following ways:
- with solicitors representing activists.
- with activists representing themselves.
- with individuals supporting activists at police stations.
- with other groups offering support to activists.
We endeavour to ensure there is consent to the sharing of personal data from the key protester (e.g. the arrestee) but the sharing of relevant personal information about other people present at the protest is based on the legitimate interests of the Ultima Generazione Legal Support Team.
How long we keep your personal data
We will only keep this data for as long as is necessary to meet our legitimate interests described above.
What are your data protection rights?
- The right to access – You have the right to request Ultima Generazione for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Ultima Generazione correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request JSO to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Ultima Generazione erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Ultima Generazione restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Ultima Generazione’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Ultima Generazione transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
- You have the right to complain to the ICO about the way in which we process your personal data. Please visit the Information Commissioner’s Office for further information: website www.ico.org.uk.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
What types of cookies do we use?
Cookies Used by Our Service Providers
You can disable cookie tracking and learn more about the privacy policies of third parties.
Privacy policies of other websites
Zoom: GDPR Compliance https://explore.zoom.us/en/gdpr/
How to contact us
If you wish to exercise any right, or for any queries you may have, or if you wish to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org